Traffic information now fits in the palm of your hand with the 511 San Diego mobile application available for iOS and Android. The app provides real-time access to traveler information supplied by Caltrans, MTS, and the cities of San Diego, Escondido, and Poway, in partnership with the San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG).
- Maps with current traffic conditions and the latest incident and construction information on all interstates and state routes in the San Diego region
- Real-time dynamic toll rates for the I-15 Express Lanes
- Predictive travel times, congestion information, and special event information for the I-15 corridor
- Real-time MTS information, including arrival times
- Access to MTS and NCTD bus routes and fares
- Customizable freeway incident notifications for your commute
- Ability to view current roadside camera images
- Links to other resources to improve your commute
As you drive through the roadway network, the map shows your location and provides optional text-to-speech and look-ahead speech commands for hands-free use while driving.
The 511 San Diego app is the most recent innovation to come from the multimodal I-15 Integrated Corridor Management (ICM) project. San Diego was chosen as one of two pilot sites in the nation to develop, implement, and operate and ICM system to improve I-15 corridor travel times and reliability.
To learn more about ICM watch this short video, view our frequently asked questions, and visit sandag.org/ICM.